Thursday, January 30, 2014

How to Get an Illinois Driver's License (If you already licensed in another state) for Immigrants

                You may drive on your valid out-of-state driver's license for 90 days.To get an Illinois Driver's License or State ID Card, you must go to a full service branch of the Secretary of State(
                    If you are trading your old state's Driver's License for an Illinois Driver's License, you will need pass the appropriate exams (vision screening, written and/or driving).. You must get 27 of the 35 questions right to pass the written need to pay the appropriate fee ( $30).Illinois Secretary of State does not accept credit or debit cards as payment.You will need to pay either in cash or check.

Documents you need to take with you
1.Old Driver's License
2. Passport with valid visa (your visa should be valid for another six months)
3. Social Security card
4. Two documents (current utility bill , lease agreement & any official mail you can use) must be provided that show the applicant’s name and current address.

              For drivers between 21 and 80 the driver's license is valid for four years. It expires on their birthday.I recommend to go to Libertyville state secretary office if you are in chicago area. They are friendly in our experience.
Libertyville state secretary office
342 Peterson Road
Libertyville, IL 60048

For more information visit their site

No comments:

Post a Comment