Recently we purchased Trader Joe's organic Quinoa.It is Simple to cook, like rice. Cooked quinoa looks a bit like couscous, but is more substantial and slightly crunchy.The quinoa harvest starts in late March.
Quinoa is very easy to cook. It’s important to rinse the seeds well, because they are naturally coated with a bitter substance that protects them against birds and other predators. Most packaged quinoa has already been cleaned, but it doesn’t hurt to soak and rinse it just in case.
I made pulao with Quinoa. You can also try ..Here is the recipe Quinoa pulao
- Quinoa is a more nutritious option for gluten free diets.It is actually a popular choice for health buffs, those who want to lose weight .
- Quinoa is useful for reducing the risk for diabetes.
- Quinoa helps you feel fuller longer.
- It contains all the nine necessary amino acid supplements. Included here is lysine which is necessary for the tissues of your muscles to grow and repair themselves
- It essentially helps your body fight and get rid of free radicals that are considered to be harmful.
- preventing risky diseases like hypertension.
- It is an excellent alternative to wheat and bread for those suffering from celiac disease.
- It is very much effective in the prevention of gall stones.
- It is low in bad cholesterol and calories .